The latest trendy make-up looks are incomplete without contouring and strobing. Bronzers are one of the must-have cosmetics that make your skin glow highlighting your cheekbones when shimmery and act as a lovely contouring agent perfecting your facial features when matt. Here are the top four bronzers that will help you look stunning under the sun and as well as at the evening prom parties.
- Milk Makeup Matte Bronzer from Sephora is a matte stick bronzer which can be used directly on the face without the need of any makeup brush. With this easy-to-blend exclusive product you can do the contouring like a pro enhancing your gorgeous facial features remarkably.
- Too Faced Bronzer is a dual-purpose bronzer which can be used for overall tanning of the skin, and also to carry out the perfect contouring. Amazingly, this beauty bronzer looks natural on every skin tone and on every skin type without making one look like a clementine.
- Honey Bronze Highlighting Dome from The Body Shop is a shimmery bronzer which is used to add that gorgeous glow on the top of the cheekbones making it gleaming with a sparkling sun effect. This bronzer comes in three exquisite shades with a creamy lightweight texture.
- Estee Lauder Bronze Goddess Illuminating Powder Gelée available at Nordstrom is a light-reflecting shimmer which is perfect to give you that ravishing summer glow making you look radiant and absolutely stunning. To attain a lovely sun kissed look. Apply this shimmery bronzer on the regions of your face where the sunlight would generally strike such as nose, cheeks, forehead, and upper lips.
How to get amazing skin in just 10 steps
Dazzled by the flawless mien Korean women…
Dazzled by the flawless mien Korean women spot? It certainly did not happen by chance, beyond the amazing powers of BB and CC creams is a tried and tested 10-step beauty regime religiously practiced by the Koreans. So what exactly goes into this regime that promises a pore-less, radiant complexion?
Read and learn.
1. Double cleanse – to remove the day’s BB cream, blush and every trace of makeup with liquid remover with a makeup remover then draw out sebum and grim with a gentle oil cleanser that eliminates impurities without drying out skin.
2. Cleanse again – this time with a gentle cleanser simply because proper cleansing is key to a radiant, acne-free complexion.
3. Exfoliate – slough off dead skin. Pay particular attention to areas that really need it like visible pores on the cheeks and blackheads on the nose.
4. Toner – the Koreans have their own version of toners designed to cleanse. It removes any residual traces of impurities left over from the earlier steps, at the same time it promises to soothe and restore your pH balance. And importantly it preps the skin to better absorb what’s to come next.
5. Essence – the single most important step in this beauty regime is the essence, a nourishing liquid that enhances skin’s cellular renewal process, prompting an increase in elasticity and firmness. It is the key to a brighter complexion.
6. Ampoule – a condensed, vitamin-rich version of essence engineered for anti-ageing. Say goodbye to dull skin, uneven tone, loss of collagen and elasticity.
7. Massage, patch, mask – apply facial sheet masks and targeted treatments such as collagen eye patches or hydrating lip mask two to three times a week for maximum effectiveness. Gentle facial massage with fingertips or jade stones is said to boost circulation.
8. Eye cream – keep fine line, puffiness and dark circles at bay with an intensive eye cream. Remember never to tug or pull skin around the eye ear, just tap cream in over the entire eye.
9. Hydrate – pile on the facial moisturizer using fingertips. Massage lightly into the face and neck to promote circulation.
10. Sleeping pack – a second layer of moisture with either a night cream or a sleeping pack locks in the emulsion and ensures that your face stays hydrated throughout the night.
On Solid Ground
To gel or not to gel, that is the question…
To gel or not to gel, that is the question!
Gel varnish is possibly the best invention since long lasting makeup. They come on in a jiffy. They are virtually indestructible. And best part is you can count on it to last and last. Based on the above evidence then, is there anything not to love about gel varnish? As with all good, there are some pitfalls we should be aware off. So before you schedule the next gel appointment, know exactly what you’re signing up for.
1. The thick coat of polish blocks oxygen from getting to the nail beds and cuticle causing nails to weaken.
2. Scraping and buffing the nail plate in preparation for gel varnish thins out the nail bed. It is vital to hydrate hands and cuticles with a thick cream after a gel session.
3. As the gel varnish weakens over the cause of time, it may lift off the nail bed, making it a good place to harbour bacteria, leading to fungus.
4. The UV light radiation from gel manicure has been linked to cancer though some experts say the risk is slim. One thing for sure, is the strength of the lamps is not regulated so the risk varies from salon to salon. LED options are now available to reduce cancer risk.
5. The UV light has also been linked to causing premature ageing on hands, causing dark spots to appear on the back of hands. Slather on thick lotion to lessen the ill effects.
6. During removal, soaking hands in acetone foil wraps causes hands to become dehydrated and there is also a chance for acetone to enter into the bloodstream. Remember to rinse off every trace of acetone after each session.
Get the silkiest hair you’ve ever had in this lifetime
Nothing weakens your aura quite like dull hair. The culprit for that is …
Nothing weakens your aura quite like dull hair. The culprit for that is often product buildup that’s been accumulating on our hair without us even realising. First things first, let’s get rid of the deadweight with a simple quick fix.
Shampoo hair with a clarifying formula that promises to remove every trace of gunk. Work product into hair and scalp, let sit for a couple of minutes just to make sure it’s really getting to the buildup then rinse off with water.
But squeaky clean hair is just half the battle. Now that the gunk has been stripped away, it’s vital to seal and strengthen hair follicles with a nourishing conditioner that protects hair, as well as, introduce shine. Formulas that are gloss-inducing or shine-enhancing are your best bets.
After the blowout, tame flyaway strands down and add extra shine with hair oils. Infused with all kinds of goodness such as smoothening out hair cuticles, protecting hair strands and making hair strong, hair oils now come in heavenly scents that are hard to resist.
Get your new hair game on now.